2011. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Please indulge my venting...

Fellow technologically savvy individuals-

My teacher decided it would be a great idea to ask Salzburg College if I could preform a solo at the concert. I was honored that he trusted me enough to represent him after just a few lessons to the public, but told him time was limited for the final concert and all the students were put in ensembles in order to fit us all into one concert, so this idea probably wouldn't work. The next day the guy who is in charge of the final concert came up to me and said "sorry we couldn't fit your solo in the schedule". I was embarrassed because obviously my teacher still called the school and asked for me to play a solo even though we had both known the answer. So I said "hey no problem" and walked away, embarrassed that this guy probably thought it was me asking my teacher to do this. I thought this would be the end.

Today I went to lessons and said "so now that I don't have to perform my solo at the concert, may we start working on the 6th suite again?" and he said "wait just a minute! I don't give up that easily!"... So apparently he now is going to call the teacher of the flute player that I'm supposed to play my duet with (apparently they're good friends) and he is going to ask him if we can cut some of the 2nd movement in order to save me time to play my solo...

This is getting crazy! Now they are all going to think it is me behind this and me who is asking my teacher for the solo time when really I'd prefer to just have a stress free performance and play the darn peice with the flute player!

On the upside, the Vienna Philharmonic is playing (under the AMAZING direction of Daniel Barenboim) tonight at 9:15. I just ate an incredible dinner, AND my midterms are over!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Martha said...

All I can say is: WHO CARES IF THEY THINK YOU ARE SOME STAUNCHY VIOLA PLAYER DYING FOR A SOLO?! You know you aren't, and playing a solo would be AMAZING!!! I say, roll with the punches... Unless you do eventually turn into a staunchy viola player dying for a solo, in which case there will be some serious intervention by yours truly.

Kylar said...

I'm with Martha. Erin you could totally kill with a solo! Your teacher obviously believes so too! Good luck, and try not to stress yourself out too much over it, if they think you're snobby they can sit on it!! LOve you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, i third that notion. This just means you are an amazing violist and it's another great opportunity you can log away in some sort of resume file for the future! Hooray! miss and love you xoxo

Post a Comment