2011. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Bach in the land of Mozart

Hey guys--

First let me just say how much I miss you all! UGH I go through stages of missing home and just missing the people from home and today it's a nasty combination of both! I wouldn't call it homesickness because I really am not ready to leave yet... I just miss you guys!

Okay enough with the sentiment :)

Yesterday everyone from school went on a field trip because it was an Austrian holiday. We loaded on a bus at 9:30 and set off to the beautiful Salzkammergut area. We made a couple scenic stops to see churches, towns and a VERY old farmhouse and then loaded onto a boat and went to a further town over the lake. I don't think pictures can do any of these things justice, but just in case I took tons! We saw the largest collection of human skulls as well, they were in an old church yard in a little house and all of them were just sitting on tables around 3 walls of the room. Stacked underneath them were other human bones... thank goodness for whoever thought of starting cremation is all I have to say to that.

Today I had my second lesson with Dr. Lindsberger. He is absolutely hands down the best musician I have ever worked with. I can't believe the things that come out of his viola! He makes everything seem and look so effortless but when I try and mimic it is completely not. I am working on Bach since he is famous for his Bach playing (couldn't someone have told me that BEFORE my first lesson when he said "start with anything" and I said "Bach okay?") Every lesson I realize how far I still have to go on the viola and it actually excites me knowing how much I still have to look forward to!


After lessons were over I stepped out the door thinking "oh good the sun is out" I was worried because today I didn't bring my umbrella... hahah funny joke for someone in Salzburg to say... I was intantly drenched and running to my bus stop. I got on the bus and the rain let up... I got off the bus and the rain came again...showed up hungry and soaking wet with my soggy hair slicked in a pony tail (a wonderful aesthetic treat to those who saw me)... practiced at school while the sun was shining, looked at the beautiful weather and considered walking home... almost intantly the clouds gathered, it started pouring, the rain turned to hail, and we were all stuck inside for an hour. I guess if I ever live here I'll have to first develope a sense of humor...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Martha said...

I love reading your blog. I miss you too! I'm excited to hear you play your viola all fancy-like when you come home!

Kylar said...

ALWAYS take an umbrella!!! We had some similar issues in Paris!! I'm so glad you like your lessons though!! Love you!

Post a Comment