2011. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Been a while!

My apologies! It seems I actually have a busy life here in Salzburg. So many things have happened since I've updated last I don't know where to begin...

Well there is a fortress that overlooks all of Salzburg. It is gorgeous and so old and is a constant reminder of the cities amazing historical background whenever you look up at the mountains. It is on top of a sheer cliff but it has a path up to it from right around where our school is. The other day my roommate and I walked up the stairs and the long path to the fortress and then down the other side right into a city square. About 5 bands were playing, everyone was out on the street and walking around, tourists and locals in their traditional garb (something that is VERY common, I see probably 15 people dressed in the traditional Austrian clothing every time I go out). It was such an amazing atmosphere, everyone was having a good time and just enjoying the spring night!

My classes are going to be great. My first lesson is tomorrow and I have no idea what i can play for him to impress this famous musician! I feel like nothing I could prepare will be good enough by that time but i will try!

My host dad LOVES when I practice. I walked out of my room today for lunch to find him sitting in a chair outside the room! It was so nice! I always feel like I'm too loud or annoying to practice inside but that made me feel good!

We went on ANOTHER tour of Salzburg. I feel like I know this city better than Salt Lake... I actually probably do because I have to walk everywhere and take the public transportation and I don't know the history of SL very well.... It is an interesting thing to ride a bus and not understand what the intercom is saying, usually you can understand when they say "next stop, city center" not so much in Austria... I have to memorize the sound of the stops right before mine so I don't miss it!

Tonight we attended an Opera! Of course it was done in German but by the second Act I was starting to understand the plot and even pick out some of the words to put it together. I really enjoyed it and found myself wanting it to go on... a lot of the other people didn't share my enthusiasm I don't think.


I will blog again tomorrow it's very late here.

Love you all and miss you!

E ( M is already asleep)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glorious! It's so weird how you are already living a life there so similar, yet so different from ours here. weird!! I miss you already and have probably sent you like 10 texts out of habit asking what you are up to so you may be bombarded when you get home...i may have made a count down chain around my whole kitchen...i love you xoxoxo

Kylar said...

I'm so jealous! Everything sounds so amazing and beautiful and historical! I love when you can just feel the history of a place all around you!! I love you, er bear!

Martha said...

he listens outside your room?! that is the nicest thing i have ever heard of! miss you!

Ben said...

Creepy old dude just stocking you outside your room....weirdo! ha ha

Fun Utah Mom said...

Erin I love this blog! It is so fun reading about your experience and adventures! You are such a good writer!

Post a Comment