2011. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

You wonderful girl.

Hallo!

Yesterday on the bus, I was seated in one of the "square" seats, in other words, there are 4 seats, 2 on each side, that face each other. A guy my age was sitting opposite, a girl with a violin was sitting next to me, and a very old man sitting at an angle from me. The old man looked up at me and said something in German but nodded at my viola and said "spiel"(play) so I said "Brastche" which is viola in German, he nodded like he was interested and then said something that had the words "mozarteum" in it (that is the famous music school here). I shook my head and said "Herbert Lindsberger" who is my teacher and rather famous, looking at Chrissy to make sure I was responding correctly and he wasn't just like asking me the time or something. Anyway, he realized I only spoke English and he said "English?" I nodded and he said "I LOVE YOU" he didn't just say it, he YELLED it. I had a few friends sitting on the other side and they looked up and started laughing at this mans sudden outburst. The old man started rummaging in his bag and pulled out a very worn wrapper covered peice of chocolate and gave it to me. He said this kind of chocolate is good for me ( the girl next to me, interested by now in our unusually loud and rather intimate conversation, was translating for me... the guy sitting opposite of me looked like he was going to die from not laughing). I took it but didn't eat it and he blurted out again "you wonderful girl" and 'YOU" he said pointing at Chrissy "I love you, you wonderful girl" then he stopped and looked back and forth from me and Chrissy and said "I love you and you"... it was his stop. He proclaimed his love for Chrissy and I once more, and after a flamboyant kiss planted on Chrissy's hand, he limped off the bus.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so awesome. LOL!

Martha said...

I love this old man. That is the best thing.

Anonymous said...

Nice. There are cute crazy old men everywhere, I suppose! How did you get the pic on there? Is that someone else's camera?

Kylar said...

Haha, you attract the most random people!! But hey, now you have a random friend!!

Post a Comment